Join The Buffalo Choral Arts Society!
Check back on our website later in 2013 for information on our June auditions!!
- You must be able to read music.
- Auditions are required. Prospective members should prepare and bring a published music selection of your choice to the audition. Pitch-matching and sight-reading skills will also be tested.
- You must have a desire to sing repertoire from a variety of music genres.
Rehearsals are September through May, on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm at Sweet Home High School, on Sweet Home Road near exit 2 on the I-990.
You are expected to:
- Perform in 6 -8 formal concert events each season. This includes 2 Christmas concerts, 1-2 spring concerts, and 2-3 Guest Appearances.
- Attend each rehearsal prepared and on-time, including dress rehearsals prior to a concert performance.
- Practice music outside of rehearsal time.
- Practice responsible custodianship of sheet music, which is the property of the Buffalo Choral Arts Society. Music is to be returned promptly after each concert.
- Members are required to purchase the formal performance attire within the first 2 months of joining the chorus. The performance attire consists of a black skirt and matching top for women (cost approx. $55.00), and a tuxedo for men. Our Wardrobe Coordinator will provide information about how and where to order your performance attire.
- Members are required to pay dues of $75.00 per concert season.
- Participate in all chorus fundraising activities including concert ticket and program ad sales.